Creating Alternatives strives to provide an inclusive and person-centred program. We strive to assist each person we support in developing independence, confidence and personal well-being while creating an inclusive environment. Our mission is to include individuals in a meaningful way, by providing opportunities for their success in all aspects of life.
Each participant will participate in creating an Individualized Support Plan with family, based on assessments done at intake and planned goals for the future. All programs are designed to develop and advance communication, social skills, life skills, and empowerment.
Program components are as follows, but not limited to:
- Individual Support Plans
- Community Involvement: Villa Leonardo Gambin Retirement Residence, Vaughan Animal Services, Sephora Canada, CHUM
- Fitness (Gym on-site), Healthy Living, Nutrition, Boot Camp, and Holistic Wellness Approach
- Reading, Writing, Math, Time and Money Management
- Community and Work-Skills Training and Facilitation
- Sensory Stimulation, Relaxation and Social Skills Development
- Gift, Party and Event Planning
- Hygiene, Personal Space and Building Relationships
- Grocery Shopping, Transportation Education, Laundry, Cooking, Baking, Cleaning
- Art, Music, Drama, Dance
- Group Outings: Musicals, Plays, Concerts, Attractions, Downtown Toronto Trips, Art Classes